I am a life learning Mama and this page is where I like to share things that resonate with me in some way along this wonderful life journey we are on ♥

Tuesday 14 June 2011

New Blogger!

Well, I am new to this - I don't have a clue what I am doing.  I have looked at lots of the other blogs and they all look so professional.  It made me want to delete my one!  However, if I do that I will never learn how to make a pretty one like all the others, so I think I will stick with it.  Who am I?  My name is Heather and I am a Mum to two wonderful children, a son who is nearly 16 and a daughter who is 4.  Yes, a big gap, but never planned that way, but then the best things never are!  My son is diagnosed with ADHD and Aspergers, he is gifted but has learning difficulties (namely dysgraphia) and he is my reason for venturing into homeschooling.  We have been on this journey now for 7 years and what a great time it has been (mostly!!).  My daughter is due to go to school next year, but I have decided to homeschool her too - it is just too good a journey not to take her along for the ride!  I trained as a Teacher when my son was younger as I really wanted to learn about helping kids with issues like my sons.  I lasted in a school full time for a year and then took both my son and myself out!  I have never looked back.  I hope that my blog will become a bit of a journal for myself as well as to connect with other homeschoolers.  I also hope that maybe some of the things I write about will help others who have had a similar path to my own - managing a child who marches to the beat of a different drum.  It has not always been an easy journey, often crazy and chaotic, but I would not change it for the world.  My son is an inspiration as is my daughter and my life would be empty without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment