I am a life learning Mama and this page is where I like to share things that resonate with me in some way along this wonderful life journey we are on ♥

Tuesday 28 October 2014

To worry or not?...

I just wanted to share this with those who worry and I often see a lot of worry online in the homeschool forums... worry that they are not doing enough... worry that they are not using the right curriculum... worry that what they are doing is not the same as their friends... worrying about being registered, un-registered, just worrying about lots (I know I do at times!!).. There really is no right or wrong way to homeschool.. just what is right for you at any given time and things change (all the time!) and that is ok.


I have been homeschooling for 10 years now and have been registered, unregistered, used Distance Ed, done project based learning, unschooling (where I really did just let my son do whatever he wanted and that actually worked best for us) and hey he is 19 now and in his final year of Uni, holding down a part time job and living his life being true to himself and is happy. He got where he is having done a lot of playing over the years (often it seemed to others that he was mostly playing  ) and teaching himself what he wanted when he needed it and he learned it much quicker that way than when I tried to teach him when he wasn't ready or interested..


Anyway, I just wanted to share this with those other fellow worriers and just know that things do work out for so many who have chosen to homeschool (or unschool or whatever you personally like to call it) and I bet we have all got wherever we wanted to be using a different path to many others - so if you are a worrier try to hold onto this knowledge - it will all work out just fine and you are able and capable of doing this whichever way you choose <3

No comments:

Post a Comment