I am a life learning Mama and this page is where I like to share things that resonate with me in some way along this wonderful life journey we are on ♥
Saturday, 14 April 2012
The Autism Paradox
Oh lordy this is soooooooooo true - the human brain is an amazing thing! ♥
The Autism Paradox...
1. It's easy to recite an entire book but difficult to make up a story
2. It's easy to line up toys but difficult to stay in line
3. It makes perfect sense to climb on the sofa but little sense to sit on it
4. Memorizing the Presidents in order - 10 minutes. Packing a school bag - 10 hours
5. Family pictures on the wall are boring but that speck of dust next to it, now that's fascinating!
6. Talking about weather patterns - piece of cake. Talking about my day... impossible!
7. Ability to focus on spinning objects - timeless, ability to focus on homework - 3 seconds
8. Being called by name, can't hear it. Some owl hooting in the distance - clear as a bell
9. How to operate the remote control - zero instruction. How to button up pants - intensive instruction
10. Navigating social rules - poorly skilled, Navigating from the back seat of the car - highly skilled
By Jenē Aviram
This article is property of and copyright © 2003-2007 Jene Aviram -
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)